We are proud to announce the new release of Poppins 0.3 beta. This release is a big improvement including new features and bug fixing.
Poppins 0.3 beta is PHP7 ready. It was tested on Debian 8 and 9, CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 server. Please read the release notes and edit your config files before upgrading.
The following ini configuration directives need to be ADDED to the config file.
[remote] ... ; if the backup job fails, abort or continue with the post-backup script ; values are "abort" or "continue" backup-onfail = "abort"; ; remote script ran after backup ; e.g. post-backup-script = "/home/poppins/some-post-backup-script.sh"; post-backup-script = ""; ... [rsync] ... ; cross filesystem boundaries cross-filesystem-boundaries = no
- Directive “cross-filesystem-boundaries” is added to the rsync section. A warning is triggered when trying to cross mounted filesystem boundaries if this option is set to “no”, which is the default. You must explicitly exclude these directories or set the option to “yes”.
- Notices are introduced. Less important messages (dir unclean, incomplete configuration, duplicate mysql config file) will be considered notices rather than warnings.
- Post backup script added. May or not be run depending on a successful rsync run.
- Cleanup script added to remove old log files. See scripts directory.
- Validation of trailing slashes in exluded/included sections for consistency.
- Validation of relative paths in excluded section as the exclude path is always treated as a relative path by rsync.
- Small bugfixes and cosmetic changes
- Validation of ini files is imperfect because of the lack of type support of
the function parse_ini_file(). As of PHP 5.6, INI_SCANNER_TYPED needs to be
implemented when PHP 5.6+ is available on Debian and CentOS latest releases.
To upgrade, run following command in the poppins directory:
hg pull -u