Welcome to Poppins, a command line backup utility for Linux, written in PHP! At this stage, Poppins is actively developed and still in beta. However we consider it pretty stable as we use it here and there in production. We have tested the software on Debian 8, CentOS 7 and OpenIndiana.
Poppins is free software. You may use, modify or distribute it under the GNU GPL license. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html.
Some of Poppins’ features are:
- Rsync based incremental backups trough an encrypted SSH connection.
- Rotating snapshots based on either hardlinks or BTRFS/ZFS snapshots.
- Periodic rotation: x-yearly, x-monthly, x-weekly, x-daily, x-minutely.
- Backup support for a multitude of Linux distributions based on the big three: Debian, Red Hat and Arch Linux.
- Backups of remote disk layout and installed packages list based on apt, yum or pacman.
- Support for MySQL backups with the mysqldump utility.
- Easy, clean and modular configuration in .ini formated files.
- Verbose logs per host as well as a seperate summary log which can easily be integrated with Elastic/Logstash/Kibana.
- Support for Puppet. Module available.
We would love to hear from you so we can add features and release bugfixes. Please give us some feedback!
Download Poppins at https://bitbucket.org/poppins/
Contact us: https://poppinsbackups.wordpress.com/contact